Sunday, December 1, 2013

Queen of Greens

Kale is one of the forgotten superfoods that I've been making a conscious effort to add more of to my diet. It's is packed with iron and calcium which is great if you're trying a vegan diet.  On top of that, it has antioxidant properties which helps fight cancers and is anti-inflammatory which is great for people who have joint or autoimmune disorders. It also has tons of vitamins that include A, K and C and it's low in calories.  Needless to say, kale has rightfully earned the title of Queen of Greens because of the amazing benefits.

And as much as I like eating healthy, I also love flavor.  I decided to incorporate kale in my diet by making Curried Kale.  I totally winged this meal but I want you all to be able to check it out and possibly get some inspiration for how you can eat more kale.


If you want to try this out, I've included the ingredients below.  You can add the seasonings to your liking.  I've been enjoying the taste of curry so I added more because it gives the dish a more Caribbean flavor.

Curried Kale

Kale
1/2 white onion
2 Jamaican hot peppers
Fresh Garlic
Curry powder
Chili flakes
Sea salt
Old Bay Seasoning
Olive Oil

Put olive oil in a heated pan.  Add the onion, garlic and Jamaican hot peppers.  Sautee and then add remaining ingredients and cook.

If you haven't tried kale, you're definitely missing out.  Now that you see how easy it is to prepare, hopefully you'll be getting your dose of the Queen of Greens sooner rather than later.


1 comment:

  1. I was privy enough to try this dish, and I will tell you all it was DELISH!! Kale, who knew you could be so delectable!

    ReplyDelete